Ethical requirements and excellent moral character
All Consultants (Members and Contributors) and Friends (Sponsors, Donors and Subscribers) are required to adhere to out ethical code of excellent moral character.
The ECAO regards appropriate interactions by Consultants with colleagues within the organization and by those hiring them as Consultants as a prime element. Effectively, Members and Contributors, should approach this organization as they do when applying for a professional job. Any impediment to performance would violate the trust outside companies or governing bodies place in them and therefore is perceived as an element in considering ethical behavior, as described below. This should be considered even in the context of prolonged, stressful, complex, multitasking, high-demand jobs so that a higher level of functioning under those circumstances is expected for consultants.
Ethics: Ethical requirements relate to:
- No convictions for felony or equivalent, or any pending charges.
- The member must be regarded as a credit to the society. This means that no behaviors past or present should exist that could or should embarrass or compromise the society.
- No factor should exist that would impair the member from being able to perform his or her duties in consultation within the society or with any outside agency in his / her area of specialty.
- Two letters vouching for character (non-relatives).
- Once founding members are established, a letter of recommendation from a member.
- A signed declaration from the applicant relating to continuing to conform to appropriate ethical and moral behavior.
- Maintained membership of at least one professional organization in which ethics are a requirement (or if retired, up till the time of retirement.)
- Ability to perform ethically, morally, and appropriately and to demonstrate follow-through in professional consultancy tasks.
- Previous performance in this context or in the work environment has not been interrupted by issues relating to responsibility or appropriateness of behavior or inability to perform for other reasons
- Never been cautioned by a professional board for misconduct of any kind.
- Currntly, hold a professional appointment where functioning is excellent (or retired from a succesful career.)
- No fellow or above or founding member vetoing membership. If veto occurs, this can be reviewed and overturned by the independent governing body.
- The member will be required to renew membership every year by signing that these criteria are unchanged or bring any new factors to the attention of the society, if any of the above factors have changed.
Excellent moral character:
- Absence of any felony or any pending charges or significant disciplinary action by professional board (cases considered individually).
- Letter of character attestation at application and presence at any point later if complaints; of outstanding moral character (violations may lead to termination of membership which is a privilege, not a right, and based on the absolute decision of a three person Ethical Committee). The letter may require a current member recommending, but if the candidate does not know a member this can be filled by three individuals unrelated to the candidate or each other who must provide their contact information for checking as necessary, plus the candidate must sign a release allowing disclosure of any information without prejudice.
- Guidelines based on other professional societies e.g. American Medical Association code of ethics and ongoing requirement for membership of the society.
- All communications (e.g. emails linked with ECAO, should clearly bear the writer’s full name at all times and conform with the stipulated list rules. The candidate should be recommended by a member who knows the individual or three independent referees will be required to answer questions (only one from a department or institution, one from family)
- Claims that are untrue and completely unsubstantiated may result in expulsion from the society and could even result in civil or criminal procedures.
- The excellent moral character is particularly required as subjects will post their achievements which will require largely self-monitoring. However, this will be in a closed area only accessible by the board of examiners or others if they require assistance. They have the right to audit at any time. Therefore complete accuracy is essential as this society aims at being a model for other groups.
- Hold an employment (or retired from a fulfilling career) and have no record of criminal conviction. Consistent employment with no limitations or restrictions placed by any body (employer, registration body, associations).
- Appropriate dealings as a consultant with outside retaining agencies are, of course, an essential for the highest level of ethical behavior. This means that any applicant as a consultant (Member or Contributor) must ensure that nothing in their past history and anticipated future behavior in dealing with outside agencies, will in any way impair their ability to deliver the high quality care expected commensurate with their exceptional creative achievement;
- False statements made in any of the application of follow-up forms may be grounds for expulsion or non-admisison or other actions deemed relevant by the ECAO board.
- Any decisions of the ECAO board is final in all consultant decisions and can be with or without cause with regard to ethics or any other decision.
- Any costs incurred in any action or review must be borne by the consultant in advance and all proceedings will take place in Seattle, WA, USA or in such place as the ECAO board decides.
A reminder for consultants:
Please note that a most important rule is not to release the names of any other consultants. This is critical as otherwise there is little point in sponsorships. Sponsors have access, regular members will not.
You can also use your appointment as a consultant in your curriculum vitae / resume/ and with permission of the Executive Director of ECAO or his/her appointee, on such professional groups as Linked In. I.e. you own your consultancy, but not mention any other member.
Appointments require review annually, generally relating to the Ethics declarations.
To maintain such anonymity, consultants are encouraged to use pseudonyms to exchange information e.g. discussion between consultants.
Publication in one of our publications may or may not confirm your consultancy, as others may be able to submit provided the article / contribution is of high enough creative skill.
Applications are confidential. Please remember that documents sent to applicants by secured email (using Zmail/ ZSentry Mail — see ZSentry.com) should be responded to by Zmail. Once you have applied, you should maintain the ethical confidentiality listed on this Ethics page.Violators run the risk that they can never be admitted into ECAO, plus will be subject to legal action. Members are able to list their consultancy (which must include designation (e.g. Member, Associate) and either or both of Level (e.g. Level 2) or Tier (e.g. Candidate) on their special documents, e.g. curriculum vitae.
Acceptance to the Exceptional Creative Achievement Organization (ECAO) is based on the information provided in the applications of its Consultants or Friends, and recertification, when performed, may be based on re-credentialing which may include updates of ethicality.
Consequently, the Exceptional Creative Achievement Organization cannot guarantee the ethical statements, nor the true qualifications of Consultants, no matter how stringent our criteria are compared with other organization. The ECAO will not under any circumstances, commission or omission, be responsible for any of the information that was or was not given to the ECAO before or during membership. Whereas audits may have occurred, this may be incomplete. It is the responsibility of the Sponsor to clarify all pertinent information with the consultant during the process of hiring and such contracts are always entirely between the Consultant and the Sponsor. Any negligence or dereliction of duty or damages or poor outcomes or unforeseen, unpredicted consequences are never the responsibility of ECAO. The Sponsor and the Consultant are expected to be fully cognizant of these rules, and to accept them and absolve the ECAO, any officers and staff of ECAO, and their families, from any such responsibilities.
- The consultant may negotiate his / her own terms and this is outside the range of ECAO. The consultant may refuse to contract at his/ her choice or may withdraw at any point with or without cause.